Proposal:Proposal for indian market
As India is the most potential market on the globe,you need to concentrate on Indian market too. As an Indian I have some proposals to make which will benefit both parties (Indians & Wikipedia). I am going to propose some ideas to make Wikipedia popular in Indian market.
- Create a localized wikipedia page (wikipedia.in or wikipedia.org)
- Promote and conduct Wiki Academys Wikipedia Academy India 2010 ,Bangalore1
- As we all know India is a young country and some social networking sites are very popular in Indian youngsters.(Orkut, Facebook, ibibo) We need to promote Wikipedia on these sites as the ocean of knowledge.
- Internet is getting a big popularity in Indian market and most of the Indian are using electronic mails we need to promote wikipedia on such mailing sites too.
- Movies and novels are very popular in india we need some promotion on that front too.
- we can organize some yearly quiz contest of national level (for India) with some scholarship amount in the Indian schools and colleges.
- We can also start some informal comic strips in Indian national newspapers (as newspapers are very popular in Indian households, parents will definitely support this cause).
- We can develop some cartoon characters to attract Indian children and teenagers (like wiki, or pedia).
- Support the Government Initiatives like SchoolWiki,
1/2) For promotions on internet & social networking sites we need to have a team of 3-4 persons. This will cost about $2000 a month, and will get a guaranteed 5000+ members in a month.
3) for movies and novels it depend on the producers.
4) for yearly quiz contest we need $100,000 in a year.
5) for newspapers this will cost about $5000 in a year.
6) this depends on us.