|This is a draft document. Please feel free to make edits, and understand that content may substantively change. If appropriate, discuss at Talk:Strategic plan.|
A strategic plan has three components:
- A set of strategic priorities for a set time period
- A plan for how to achieve these priorities
- A set of metrics that indicate whether or not the priorities are successfully met
Wikimedia is undergoing a strategic planning process that goes from July 2009 through July 2010. The goal is to develop a five-year strategic plan for the Wikimedia movement via an open community process. This wiki is the medium through which the community is developing the plan.
- Business planning for nonprofits: What it is and why it matters
- General advice on strategic planning