From Strategic Planning
- Wikia has recently introduced “WikiStickies”, which show up on a users “MyHome” page
- Some WikiStickies are created automatically, based on available information about pages without images, new pages that are likely to need to be error-checked, etc.
- Community members can also create stickies based on gaps they have noticed, new information they think should be added to pages, etc.
- Data about user behavior is already being used to refine what opportunities are promoted
- Data suggests new users are most likely to start editing by contributing to a long page or adding to a list
- “Wanted pages” got no traction, possibly because creating a new page is “too heavy a lift” for the average user