Proposal:Prohibit people from using the word "whilst" in English Wikipedia
If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
Whilst is an old fashioned British English word that has no place in a 21st century English encyclopedia.
Most modern forms of media (including those from the United Kingdom) encourages people to use the word while instead of whilst because it is more modern and relevant with the modern generation.
Whilst is too hard for younger people and North Americans to understand. If anyone is caught using whilst in their edit of an English Wikipedia article, they should be banned for 3-5 days.
- How do we get people to use while instead of whilst as they edit?
- How will this have an impact in British as well as North American schools and users?
- Is banning the best way to get people to stop using the word whilst?
- Should there be informative discussions on not using the world whilst?
- Should there be a 90-day grace period before the "whilst ban" comes into effect?
nothing but the time to teach users to use while instead of whilst
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Prohibit people from using the word "whilst" in English Wikipedia.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!