Better support for open source dictionary programs.
Currently there is no good open source dictionary to translate for example from Spanish to Finnish. Instead there are good online dictionaries, like sanakirja.org, which is based on Wiktionary. One should be able to use Wiktionary to translate words with a program like StarDict or Gnome-dictionary.
- See also: Proposal:Multilingual Wiktionary (satisfies part of this proposal)
- StarDict (Wikipedia)
- Gnome-dictionary (Wikipedia)
- KDE Parley (kde.org)
Mobile phones and PSP
- KDE Parley for Google Android (binaryelysium.com)
- MobVoc - Mobile Vocabulary Trainer (sourceforge.net)
- PSPVoc is interpreted by Lua Player for the PlayStation Portable. (currently an unsigned code hack, one could ask Sony if they would sign it)
http://wiktionary-export.nataraj.su/ Project dedicated to exporting wiktionary dictionaries into standalone dictionary files, i.e. StarDict
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Stardict dictionaries from Wiktionary (Better support for open source dictionaries).
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!