Proposal talk:Wikipedia for PlayStation 3 on Blu-Ray
Thats a nice idea if wikimedia willrealize that, they will receive many money.
Not a good idea at all...
- There is no way that an entire language of Wikipedia (especially EN) will fit onto a 50Gb BluRay-Disc. (The biggest currently.)
- PlayStation 3 has the internet, so I think a mobile/limited/different features version would be good. Or an app of some kind.
--Billinghamj 21:30, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- So: it already exists! And Wikimedia Foundation will make no money from it. The proposal is a browser and PS3 issue, not a Mediawiki issue. Rursus 20:10, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Why would WMF not profiting be a problem? Isn't it non-profit? (Not commenting on the policy, just enquiring)--Occono 02:09, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- We don't have to fit in the entire Wikipedia (in any language). Instead, we could just stick to articles relevant for an audience of 13-17 year old male users (the primary demographic of most PlayStation 3 games)? GVnayR 03:30, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
You can enter the web browser -.- 188.8.131.52 09:13, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
Some proposals will have massive impact on end-users, including non-editors. Some will have minimal impact. What will be the impact of this proposal on our end-users? -- Philippe 00:19, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
There is not enough educational material on the Sony PlayStation consoles for people who actually use the console (the 13-17 year age group). By providing an encyclopedia with all the educational information that is right for them, the PlayStation 3 could also be known as an "educational console." GVnayR 17:45, 24 October 2009 (UTC)