JoshW: Regarding Strategy 4: Build online and offline partnerships
I move Josh's points on Strategy 4 here, and below are his advices:
- What about university student groups such as Linux Users Group and Open Source Software "clubs"? They usually have the time and education to be a Contributor/Editor and are already interested in Open Source and Open Web. If enough students are interested, could even form Wikipedia clubs at Universities.
- If Baidu does not want to form a partnership, what about forming a partnership with one of their partners, such as Sohu/Sogou. Could use their Sogou Cloud Pinyin service on Zh Wikipedia and help them redistribute Wikipedia content on their search engines, wikis, and mobile apps.
- Build a partnership with a Mobile Phone provider and give them distributed content in a mobile phone format, such as Wapedia.
- 1 Support Role that is necessary (Gov. Liason).
- 1 Opportunity: University Students
- 1 possible partner: Sohu/Sogou
- and one project: making it easier for Chinese companies to re-distribute read-only Wikipedia content with backlinks.
And corresponding Documentation or API. --JoshW 09:12, 26 November 2009 (UTC)