Proposal:Approach potential merger partners, and be open to mergers and partnerships
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
There are other non-commercial information doing similar things to us. For example Wiki Species and Encyclopaedia of Life each have 150,000 to 190,000 entries.  EN:Enciclopedia Libre Universal en Español was originally a fork from the Spanish Wikipedia when there was discussion of advertising. Lets open up to more partnership working and possible collaborations/mergers where such duplication exists.
Announce that we are open to collaboration with other non-commercial organisations that share our ambition. Identify possible partners and start talking to them.
We want to make the sum of all human knowledge available to all, there are others who share this vision and if we collaborate we might achieve this sooner.
- Do we have compatible licenses and culture?
- What are the overlaps and differences in our data?
- What are the non-negotiables that would prevent our merging or forming a partnership with someone?
- Would we be willing to form a partnership with someone as was originally envisioned with en:Nupedia, whereby we are the openly edited draft and they hold vetted peer reviewed versions of articles based on those articles?
In the longterm more like potential savings.
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Approach potential merger partners, and be open to mergers and partnerships.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!