Proposal:Be more free and easy
Status (see valid statuses)
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
I am a Chinese user and I am a fans of Wikipedia. I hope Wikipedia can be more free and easy. It's important because Wikipedia's motto is FREE. Please see my proposals:
- Release a program that we can build a Wiki website and download some articles in Wikipedia. This program can be ran on Windows platform, and the users can use their own templates... etc. MediaWiki is a good software, but we hope WikiMedia can release a software like above.
- It will be implemented such as mediawiki:collection - allready works on Wikibooks.--Juan de Vojníkov 08:08, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- WikiMedia's editing toolbar is not very comprehensive. You can plus a pull-down menu including all important templates. And when we're editing in a talk page, the toolbar may be another style.
- Something like enhanced toolbar developed by the Usability Initiative?
- Get a centralized page to show the important and project pages' link. Like Wikipedia's Discussion about reservation(It's my translation, in Chinese wikipedia, it's named 页面存废讨论 (Traditional Chinese:頁面存廢討論).
- w:en:Wikipedia:Community_portal? All wikis have this.
- Wikipedia can change among languages easily, but in Wiktionary or WikiMedia , we can't change easily between two languages, because although the main target is changed well, the left sidebar is still English.
- The sidebar is displayed in the language you set in your user preferences. As all WMF MediaWiki installations AFAIK use the same localization files, you should be able to choose the same language and get the same result on any project. Regards, -- ChrisiPK 16:12, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- When I'm using Wikipedia to edit a page, I usually feel hard and I usually find the template name all around the entire Wikipedia website.
- Wikipedia may be more convenient, then it will adopt more knowledge.
- How can we get an administrator license conveniently?
Как мы можем доступно ролучить лицензию администратора?
- Perhaps Wikimedia will cost some personal power to research the singal-PC MediaWiki software.
- Perhaps WikiMedia will re-edit a JS toolbar for more Wikipedians using - Maybe someone can design one in his user page and other one can copy it...
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal Talk:Be more free and easy.
Want to work on this proposal?
- Vibhijain 05:59, 14 May 2011 (UTC)
- .. Sign your name here!