Proposal:Change usergroup name "Oversight"
Change the name of usergroup "Oversight" to something more descriptive.
This Proposal does not offer a solution, but rather tries to start a discussion about a better name. It has often be pointed out that Oversight is not a perfect name for the usergroup.
Potential new names (please add new proposals, pro's and con's):
|Oversight (current name)||
|Janitor||Motto: When there's a nasty mess the Janitors clean it up.
What it's called in other language
List of back-translation from localisation:
- id:Pengawas (Indonesian), lit. Watchers -- not very descriptive either -- or Supervisor, Caretaker
- Deletion is a wrong term for admin's ability to hide articles from non-admins. Currently the only way of deleting pages is to delete them manually from the database (which is highly discouraged). Terms like hiding suggest that OS is less severe than deletion.
Usergroup names should be intuitive and self-descriptive. This is not the case for "Oversight", which suggests some kind of supervision.
- What better names are there?
- No monetary costs
- Small configuration changes on Wikimedia servers
- Documentation has to be changed
- Users who are already aware of "Oversight" have to be informed about the new name
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Change usergroup name "Oversight".
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!