Proposal:Delete All Wikimedia Projects
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
Delete All Wikimedia Projects. Fire all Wikimedia employees and apologize for wasting the world's time with such pointless projects. Also refund all money donated to the foundation.
Wikipedia is a huge problem. It disseminates unreliable and biased information and hijacks Google searches. Its administrators openly espouse trolling. Contributors are not rewarded for their work, and are often banned. Whenever I volunteer at any other organization, I am thanked for my efforts, but at Wikipedia, contributors are treated like trash.
- Why should legitimate encyclopedias suffer because of Wikipedia?
- Why should telegraph operators suffer because of e-mail? Why should SCO Unix suffer because of Ubuntu?
- In the future, will we be forced to use Wikipedia?
- Nobody is forcing you to use Wikipedia. Editing is voluntary. Reading is voluntary.
- Why should we pay for a source that is less reliable than online databases and is written by teenagers?
- You need not pay. Nobody is forcing you to pay.
None. Only benefits.
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Delete All Wikimedia Projects.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!