Proposal:Green wikilinks - an invitation to read
|It has been suggested that this page be merged with Proposal:Between blue links and red links: orange links. (Discuss)|
Wikipedia currently only has two types of links: the blue links for existing articles, and the red links for nonexistent articles. I propose to add a system of green links whereby any wikilink to a good or featured article would be coloured green.
- Q: Why implement this?
- A1: Green links would invite users to read quality articles they might not have otherwise read.
- A2: Green links would complement "Today's featured article" in showcasing Wikipedia's best work.
- Q: How would this be implemented?
- A1: Using the well watched and controlled categories Category:GA-Class articles and Category:FA-Class articles, and the help of a script similar to this rather neat one.
- A2: Some other ingenious way!
- Q: For who would this be implemented?
- A: Green links would be implemented by default for all readers.
- Q: What are the drawbacks?
- A1: This add complexity to the linking system, and may cause confusion. (Rebuttal: True, but only very few links would be green, since very few articles are good or featured.)
- A2: Some colourblind may not distinguish green/red or green/blue.
- A3: There are potential performance problems.
- Q: Why green?
Please discuss here.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!