Proposal:IBM NetRexx scripting
Status (see valid statuses)
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
Enable IBM NetRexx scripting.
The IBM NetRexx language is perfect for scripting in the Wikipedia context because it is web affine and especially access to complex data objects is most convenient.
add_word: procedure expose dictionary. parse arg w . dictionary.w = dictionary.w + 1 if dictionary.w = 1 /* assume dictionary. = 0 */ then do n = dictionary.0+1 dictionary.n = w dictionary.0 = n end return
- Improve the flexibility and turing completeness of the MediaWiki environment.
- Enable authors to build dictionaries.
- Address issues of accessing complex data objects. (related to Proposal:Data.wikimedia.org and Proposal:Dublin Core)
- There are different dialects of Rexx. Is NetRexx the best choice?
- Free download from IBM.
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:IBM NetRexx scripting.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!