A successful piece of information technology achieves at least one of the following: simplify our lives and save costs(e.g. google, wikimedia, amazon, ebay), bring people together(facebook, wikimedia, twitter), improve experience (facebook), sharing(youtube,rapidshare)...
Knowledge is power, and education is prohibitably expensive. There have been tremendous work on-line to improve access to education, e.g. notes sharing, video lectures, self-study resources, computer-based tests....
- Now that "Distance learning" has become commonplace, with online gradings and discussion forums as organisation centres, and even video conferencing has been used in education,
How can we make learning at home less "distance" with the new media?
To develop Wikimedia, in particular Wikiversity, into a fully fledged virtual centre of education, as an alternative brick-and-mortar institutions, with wiki at the core, together with other tools, on- or off-line, such as irc, video conferencing, emails, snail mails,...
- Getting the people here
- Organisational complexity
- Accreditation (c.f. wikiversity:wikiversity:what wikiversity is not)
- betawikiversity:wikiversity:approved Wikiversity project proposal
- wikiversity:wikiversity:colloquium - the general discussion forum of an active wikiversity
- wikiversity:Wikiversity:Sandbox Server
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal Talk:Integrated educational experience.
- for general resource sharing e.g. organising classes, posting and taking lecture notes,...
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!