|It has been suggested that this page be merged with Proposal:Get rid of the global anonymity. (Discuss)|
There must be less anonymity. Structures must be clear. Behind each edit, there is a mind. It should be more personal.
Keep the possibility to make edits anonymously. These edits must be well declared as anonymous. There are other opportunities. One can be a non anonymous participant. These participants have a unique account with some personal information (Name, Forename, Nationality and Date of birth). Probably there might be an optional picture also. The identity of a non anonymous participant must be verified (for instance by a copy of its passport).
In future there are several categories of participants. Allways there should be a category anonymity. But anonymity is not a reputed participant. Wisdom always arises from humans. For instance Wikipedia needs renowned authors. This is the only way to gain higher a reputation.
- How can Wikimedia gain more non anonymous participants, without losing its anonymous ones.
- How can Wikimedia motivate reputed personalities to participate? (Apart from by allowing them to remain anonymous)
- How can Wikimedia protect non anonymous editors from real life harassment?
- On a multinational site how does one introduce a verification system that works for anyone from any country, and doesn't have significant costs?
There will be some costs for marketing.
A lot of good editors will be lost?
A load of back office costs will be created to deal with the processing of those anonymous editors who send in passports etc.
- Proposal:Get rid of the global anonymity
- Proposal:Editor attribution and better citation handling for editors
- Proposal:Require all new user Accounts to start as anonymous
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Less anonymity.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!