If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
The Wikimedia Foundation could create a project for free content pornography.
- A fitting domain name would be required. Pornopedia.org for example.
- Setup a Wiki. Allow local uploads.
- Wikipedia articles on sexual subjects are among the most widely viewed across many languages.
- Sexual images among the most widely viewed images on Wikimedia Commons.
- An increasing density of explicitly sexual images on Commons and English Wikipedia and commons indicates a clear interest in this subject by editors.
- Wiki(p|m)edia should be the sum of human knowledge, no? Sex is all some people seem to think about!
- Should pornopedia exist in multiple languages or is porn the only practical universal language?
- Should fetish classified sub-domains be used instead?
- Is translatewiki.net prepared to translate the user interface into porn?
- Will NPOV be a requirement for pornopedia?
- Would this essay cause confusion if applied to pornopedia?
- Should pornstar biographies be moved from Wikipedia to pornopedia?
- How would you establish consent from all human participants and prevent people uploading personal photographs of former lovers without their exes permission?
- How would you establish that all participants were legally adult at the time the photograph was taken or filming was done?
- Increased filtering from more conservative countries
- Large bandwidth costs
- Loss of goodwill by alienating people who find explicit pornography offensive
- Compliance with (any) requirements from 18 U.S.C. § 2251
The last two costs must be tolerable considering that English Wikipedia and Wikimedia commons already contain ample amounts of sexually explicit material.
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal Talk:Pornopedia.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!