Proposal:Purchase content from Thomson Reuters for Wikinews
Status (see valid statuses)
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
One could purchase content from Thomson Reuters for Wikinews.
"The message from some of the world's leading news providers at the first Beijing international media summit was clear: It's time to demand payment for online use of content." 
- Would media content from Reuters improve Wikinews or would it reduce the motivation to find and contribute free content?
- Is Wikinews different or is a strict policy for open content desirable even on Wikinews?
- What are the potential costs?
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Purchase content from Thomson Reuters for Wikinews.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!