Proposal:Specify intermediate format for printing Wikibooks that can be rendered with XSL-FO
Status (see valid statuses)
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
Specify intermediate format(s) for printing Wikibooks that can be rendered with FOP and purchase a RenderX XEP Server for Wikibooks.
See: Proposal talk:Endorse OpenDocument format or XWiki OfficeImporter#XML
- Better visual results than current approaches.
- Allow \pageref and similar constructs. (via fo:page-number-citation)
- Allow offline editing with a simple text editor.
- Allow offline rendering with XSL Formatting Objects (e.g. RenderX XEP Server)
- A single intermediate format would allow offline editing but specifying a convenient editing format (with wiki markup but possibly some XML) and a pure XML format (for use with XSL Formatting Objects) would separate convenient editing from XML requirements.
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Specify intermediate format for printing Wikibooks that can be rendered with XSL-FO.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!