Proposal:Wikipedia kiosks in Wal-Mart
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
Wikipedia kiosks that would allow the average Wal-Mart shopper to access Wikipedia away from home for about $2 for a 30 minute interval and $1 for a 15 minute interval
We need to get Wal-Mart shoppers interested in the sixth most popular website in the world.
It could provide people with information about the new products Wal-Mart will be selling in the future along with new video games to look out for in the electronics aisle.
- How do we get Wikipedia kiosks in every Wal-Mart in the world?
- Do we need extra Wal-Mart staff to govern the kiosks like a librarian?
- Would this be in the electronics aisle or near the front of the store?
- Will we allow people to edit Wikipedia through a kiosk at Wal-Mart or will it be read-only?
Approval from store managers, IT people to set up and maintain the kiosks, approval from general Wal-Mart shoppers, availablity of IT jobs in the region, training of people for IT jobs
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Wikipedia kiosks in Wal-Mart.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!