Talk:Task force/Community Health/Former contributors survey
Should be done with it tonight
I'm taking a look at the survey now. Should be done with it tonight. Randomran 06:18, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- Done for tonight. I pulled out the last two questions because I thought they were redundant. (And if we want to be redundant and thorough, we'd probably need to pull those questions apart and cover everything all over again.) But don't let me be too pushy. There is room for more questions, if there are gaps we haven't covered yet. Randomran 07:25, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
Made some final edits. Added back the last question and tightened up the wording. Howief 18:44, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Howie, looks good. Makes sense on the "agree/disagree" stuff, since there are a few things there we didn't already cover. I posted a reply over there in case you missed it. A few key changes missing, but should be pretty easy and uncontroversial IMO. Randomran 04:07, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
- Randomran: Can you think of another way to phrase this question: "Did the complexity of Wikipedia have an impact on your decision to stop contributing?" I think this comes across as a bit too negative. I think it's a great question, but the few folks I've shown it to have reacted negatively to the wording. Howief 04:13, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Howie, tried to fix that. Also made a few other wording changes, so that we got away from the idea that Wikipedia is "done" or "already written" (obviously not) and focused more on what the volunteer was still interested in editing. Quick question: is the agree/disagree stuff now just going to be a checklist? If so, we might want to rephrase to make them all positive or all negative, to make it easier to tick them all off. Randomran 17:02, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
- Randomran: Great -- The new wording for the complexity question is much better. About the agree/disagree stuff (Q10, right?), I've changed the wording so that users simply select statements they believe are true. So it should be easier for users to check stuff. FYI, I'm hoping we can get this out today or tomorrow.
- Hey Howie, looks good to me too. I made a few minor wording changes. I think it's basically ready to go. How are you planning on sending it out? Randomran 18:46, 7 January 2010 (UTC)
- Randomran: Sorry I missed this last message. I wanted to let you know that the first batch of surveys was sent out today via email. We're doing a staged rollout in batches of 10,000 so that we can modulate the total number of surveys sent based on the number of responses. For example, if the response rate is low, we'll send more surveys out and vice versa. I'll update the page to reflect progress.
- Hey, thanks for including me in the process. I hope the work pays off, and we get some useful information. Randomran 05:19, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
Doesn't a bot stop you from emailing large numbers of people?
Doesn't a bot stop you from emailing large numbers of people? Ikip 20:23, 30 January 2010 (UTC)
- What do you mean by that? We're not using the email function within MediaWiki... ~Philippe (WMF) 22:51, 30 January 2010 (UTC)
Will you keep interviewing users from en.wiki or maybe you can consider approaching other communities? And were blocked (not banned) users included in the survey? --Elitre 12:39, 16 April 2010 (UTC)