Task force/Arabic Task Force/Demand for Arabic Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Question 2: Demand for Arabic Wikipedia
What is the demand for Arabic Wikipedia?
- What does the online landscape for reference information in Arabic look like?
- Demand for standard Arabic content versus colloquial?
- In various countries, what is the level of literacy for written, standard Arabic?
- How standardized (and well-written) is the material that is written on the Arabic Wikipedia?
- What level/extent of ability is there in the English and/or French languages in various countries?
- What demand or usage is there for English Wikipedia versus Arabic Wikipedia in Arabic-speaking countries? Why is there preference for one or the other?
- What segments (demographics) of the population are more likely to contribute to a project like Wikipedia?