Task force/Community Health/Editor collaboration projects
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Examples of editor collaboration projects:
- Commons:Picture of the Year. (Active, large annual contest to select the picture of the year)
- Joint projects between Commons and other wikis.
- Wikis Take Manhattan
Examples of an active Wikipedia Wikiproject:
- w:en:Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/Task forces The task forces are established, formal groups of editors gathered for collaborative work on a particular topic within the field of military history.
- Quote of the day
- Copyright cleanup project.
- Organized effort to add Bartlett's 1919 Index to Wikiquote.
- Scriptorium (Central discussion page). (active)
- Newbie and New page patrol Active with specialized Welcome templates and early editor assistance.
- Main page. Highlights new texts and Feature text. (active)
- Wikisource:Collaboration of the Week (active)
- Proofread of the Month. (active)
- Dictionary of National Biography A twin collaboration between English Wikipedia and English Wikisource (active)
- Reading Room (Central discussion hub). (active)
- Community Portal.
- Note: Each wikibook has the potential to be its own "WikiProject", as such sub-communities are naturally created around individual books. As a consequence there is little need for manufactured sub-communities.
- Featured Books. (activity slow/low)
- Newbie policy. Of interest to our TF, in summary says to be very polite, patient and welcoming as "newcomers are prospective members of the Wikibooks community and therefore a valuable resource." - I guess we need to recapture that spirit at en:wp.
- Water cooler (Central discussion hub).
- Wikinews:Etiquette (I haven't yet seen a 'newbie policy', I'll add it if I do).
- Featured articles.
- Wikinews Writing Contest