Task force/Community Health/Weekly Report 06
Task Force Name:Community Health
Report of Activities
During this week, we:
- Had an IRC task force meeting. See Thread:Talk:Task force/Community Health/IRC Log (2009-12-10) for the log.
- Working on a method and process to evaluate which areas to make recommendations. See Decision table created by Randomran.
I lost the early part of the week due to health issues but for the last four days I've kept up with recent changes and contributions by TF colleagues. I've started to draft Task_force/Recommendations/Community_health_1 on the subject of what had been called "rewards" but perhaps now should be referred to as "volunteer recognition". I'm finding it rather tough going. I'm going to email JCravens in a moment (email rather than on this wiki because her talk page says email is the best way to contact her) to ask for her help; she was the one who drafted the proposal I've taken as the foundation and, judging by her website, this is an area she's both knowledgeable and passionate about.
One thing that's difficult is providing the 'facts' part of the template; it's one thing to assert that rewards/recognition are important, it's quite another to provide proof! :o)
I should also add that my drafting of the recommendation does not mean I take it for granted that this recommendation will make the final submission to the WMF; it's only one of around nine possible recommendations which need to be cut down to four or fewer, so I'm not assuming anything, though I will put up a fight :o) Bodnotbod 13:24, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
- It's been a busy week for me IRL. But had some good discussions. From the IRC chat, there was a sense that we had identified a bunch of recommendation areas that have a lot of potential. So to cap off this week, I put together a decision table at: Task force/Community Health/Recommendation evaluation. Hopefully we can use this as a guideline to narrow down our recommendations, and focus on a smaller set over the next month. Randomran 01:05, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
Planned activities for next week
Please be specific and aggressive. It is okay to roll activities from week to week if necessary.
We have around nine areas/ideas that we feel are ripe for recommendations. The aim this week is to narrow those down to around half that amount and focus on those we decide to keep as we head towards the deadline.
- As part of working on the 'volunteer recognition' draft recommendation I've been trying to research online to see how large charities recognise their volunteers. I'm not having a huge amount of success. So I have now decided to email them to see what I can find out. --Bodnotbod 14:44, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
- I'm hoping everyone will check in at Task force/Community Health/Recommendation evaluation. By this point, I should have enough research to identify which areas have the most potential, and which areas are not worth pursuing at all. That will hopefully come out of the discussion. Randomran 01:06, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
To complete our work, this task force needs the following resources or assistance:
This week, this task force wishes to recognize for their assistance the following users:
Our notes or documentation can be found at: