Task force/Financial Sustainability/2010-01-05
From Strategic Planning
Financial Sustainability Task Force Call
8:30am PST, January 4, 2010
- User:Anders Wennersten
- Paul Y
- User:Rand Montoya
- User:Rebecca Handler
Reviewing Recommendations Discussion
- Recommendation 1: Specify banner based campaigns. Discussion of assumptions.
- Recommendation 2: WM should increase funding to fundraising programs to increase results. Discussion followed of how much money the WMF should set aside for fundraising. Discussion of setting limits about % of total funds to dedicate to fundraising.
- Recommendation 3: Exploration of other revenue sources.
- Vote on recommendation to recommend sponsorships or advertising. Or do want to research how the community feels about it.
- Research myths about advertising. Will our community support or hate such?
- Do we need advertising dollars at all? As last resort? Endowment?
- Discussion on research on advertising.
- Vote on whether to recommend more research into ads. Motion passed.
- VK will craft a recommendation and put it on the wiki.
- Licensing/royalties/sponsorships: Discussion of sponsorships vs. advertising. Corporate Sponsorship department?
- Subscription Model: Or more content model?
- Membership Organization:
- Endowment: Specify needs and use for Endowment. Open ended use.
- VK: Write up advertising research proposal.
- Break out endowment as a separate recommendation.