Wikimedia Foundation fundraising
Analysis from past fundraising campaigns
Data from 2008 suggests that some countries raise more money per 1000 visitors than others.
Note that this graph combines two data sources: ComScore visitor data by country for December 2008 (not publicly available due to agreements with ComScore, though some country-specific data available here), and data from the 2008 fundraising campaign.
Data on past fundraising campaigns
In order to:
- Improve effectiveness of annual campaign:
- Improve testing of messages
- Enhance culture / language translations for banners and messaging
- Improve tracking of donors
- Create new avenues for community giving
- Develop systems to cultivate donors and encourage recurring giving
- Launch e-mail/print marketing campaigns
- Hold "donor appreciation" events