Proposal:Named revisions and coalesced revisions
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
Navigating the revision history is often inconvenient. It would be useful to have more control over the revisions shown in the revision history. One possibility is to allow editors to name revisions (possibly for groups of pages) as in proper revision control systems. Another useful feature would be the ability to coalesce a group of minor changes into a single modification afterwards.
- Allow to assign names to revisions (possibly for groups of pages).
- Allow to combine small revisions into one revision.
- Allow to edit or assign the edit summary of a revision.
- If you log back in on a PC that has made IP edits since you last logged into it, create an option that allows you to view those edits, and choose whether or not to accept responsibility for those edits and have them reassigned to your account.
- What else?
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Named revisions and coalesced revisions.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!