Proposal:Sponsor a NASCAR Sprint Cup race in 2010 or 2011
Either the Wikipedia 400 or the Wikimedia Foundation 400 (at any track from Atlanta Motor Speedway to Watkins Glen)
Sponsor a NASCAR race in 2010 or 2011 in order to get more people going on the web site. Also have the current series champion sponsor Wikipedia/Wikimedia Foundation in some shape or form during that race.
NASCAR is a major boon to companies that sponsor it and the Wikimedia Foundation should get its hands on that untapped section of the American market.
- Who will help the Wikimedia Foundation co-sponsor the event (Visa helped with the Autism Speaks 400)
- Will the sponsored race be on FOX so that DW (Darrell Waltrip) can talk about Wikipedia?
- Where will all that money come from?
- As NASCAR is North American, what other events would also have to be sponsored to achieve similar levels of advertising in all countries where we operate?
- Similar events could also be arranged for Formula One and the IndyCar Racing League. GVnayR 18:58, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
- How will we reassure people who've donated money to us that their money is being spent on servers and programming, not on sponsoring sport?
- Through a series of informative commercials done during the race coverage; just like with breast cancer and autism research. GVnayR 18:58, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
Trying to get NASCAR to give the Wikimedia Foundation naming rights to a NASCAR Sprint Cup match, trying to get people into NASCAR headquarters to make a deal, eventually try to get race car drivers to have the Wikipedia as their sponsor.
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal Talk:Sponsor a NASCAR Sprint Cup race in 2010 or 2011.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!