Wikinews is a Wikimedia project which aims to provide news freely, so these news need to be read everyhow. The simple way to read (and to spread) news from Wikinews is to use RSS feed and a RSS feed reader: the functioning is used by social networks in order to spread news. Secondly, Wikinews should be checked everywhere and everyhow, even with latest technologic invention.
- Add Extension:GoogleNewsSitemap in all Wikinews wikis, which permits to create custom RSS feeds
- Create an universal app for
iPad, iPhone, Android, SHR Linux and other smartphones
Creating account on several social network
- By doing that, Wikinewsies can create RSS feeds by topics and to provide a better service: in this way people can read selectively news by their own interests ("I'd like to read news about environment but not about politics")
- Creating an universal app for smartphones and tablet people can read news and to comment without loading web browser and without searching for Wikinews. This app should be available for every language versions (in Settings you select the language)
News should be spreaded over the network so social networks are the best place to do that. They need only RSS feed in order to work.
- How could I read Wikinews from my new smartphone?
- How could I read news about my favourite topic?
There aren't any potential costs. All works could be done by volunteers.
- Diffondere Wikinotizie: social network e app (on Italian village pump)
Want to work on this proposal?
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal Talk:Spreading Wikinews.