Proposal:Teach people about Wikipedia at Epcot Center
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
Sponsor a ride/exhibit/kiosk at Epcot Center (Walt Disney World) where people can learn about this new encyclopedia in a way that only Disney could provide.
There should be something sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation that teaches young people about this amazing encyclopedia and maybe provide them a brief educational and informative video about it.
By the time that kids are old enough to appreciate Epcot Center, they will be able to appreciate Wikipedia more than the Magic Kingdom crowd. We need to encourage them to think that Wikipedia is the future and better than the expensive outdated textbooks that the professors want them to get in college or university.
- How much would sponsorship cost? Can this sponsorship be maintained on a year-by-year basis?
- Would Wikipedia at Epcot Center be the full version or a filtered "PG-rated version"?
- How many languages of Wikipedia would we use for Epcot (or should we only use the English language)?
- Would Disney-related characters have a higher level of importance than the other articles on Epcot Center's Wikipedia?
Sponsorship, maintenance, construction, staffing
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Teach people about Wikipedia at Epcot Center.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!