Describes all the needed functionalities.
Different functionalities would be precious to the current Wiktionaries:
- Easy black wallpaper with colored fonts, for energy and eyes preservation (like thes gadget called Use a black background with green text on the Monobook skin).
- A new search engine:
- Crossword (an fr.wikt prototype exists, but we must do better than )
- With a notion of paronym degrees (like the Google suggestions), eg: 1 letter of difference, 1 sound of difference...).
- Moreover it must also allow a translation by language (for instance "fr black" would give the article "noir").
- A search engine dedicated to contributions (eg: find a word added (or removed) in all contribution of an IP, or into all the sysop grop mambers ones).
- Paragraphs choice to show by ticking some boxes (pictures, synonyms, translations, see also...).
- Photo, sound and video edition interface, with the history "undo" possibility. See also MW:Extension:VideoWiki.
- A speech recognition compatibility would be enough ergonomic (eg: to say "wiki link word" would write [[word]]).
- An option for page reading, with several voices at a choice, and the possibility to read some pages with video plugins in addition (karaoke, colored fonts, films, video algorithms).
- A subtitles creator which would display any selected information from the wiktionaries (etymology, synonyms... in a given language) in any video (eventually in real time).
- Download version for PDA and mobile phone with automatic synchronisation (which is not available here).
- Pictures showing the word occurrences in a selected language, or a sorted listing by year of appearance (better than  and ).
- Bar showing degrees of holonymy, meronymy, hypernymy et hyponymy (like for the Wikispecies species). For instance, horse would be the 2nd degree meronym of equidae [...] and the 14th degree of animal.
- Text translation (like Google) with a words and letters counting.
- Text translation which would change the person (eg: replace "the client must" by "you must").
- An simple edition mode for beginners, which automatically add the wiki syntax (carriage returns...) while saving (like the Magnus edit box + the assisted translations published in this profile, this one, or WISIGOTH (which suggests some synonyms but it would be more reliable to propose the Wiki existing templates).
- A way to display the non-romanized characters transcriptions into the categories (eg: in , 〇 líng, 䦉 sì...). See also the transliterator project.
- A categories entries sorting mode by alphabetical order (and not UTF8 which places the upper cases before and the accents after). To sort the page content, see searchbox.
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal Talk:The ultimate dictionary.
Want to work on this proposal?
- JackPotte 19:04, 28 July 2010 (UTC)