A version of Wikipedia that can be utilized on a Sony PlayStation 3
Making a Blu-Ray version of Wikipedia (in any given language) that would be fun, interactive, and informative at the same time for the Sony PlayStation 3 console.
In the past, Sony PlayStation games have only been educational for the 3-12 crowd (i.e., Barbie, Dora the Explorer, Rugrats). Why not create a version of Wikipedia that older users can use to learn more about the world without tying up the family computer?
- Will there be a way to upgrade the content on the Wikipedia PS3 Blu-Ray?
- Updates could easily be distributed over Sony's PlayStation Network at no cost to users.
- Will people have to buy Wikipedia for PS3 every six months to remain up to date?
- No, though many large updates might begin to take up a considerable amount of hard drive space for some users, and they might eventually have to buy a new copy with more content on the disk in order to free up drive space; in most cases however, this is rather unlikely.
- How can you make Wikipedia into an interactive game but keep it as a respectable encyclopedia?
- What kind of genre can Wikipedia be best as an interactive game? RPG, action/adventure, strategy, simulation, God game, or game show?
- Will all the contributors be inserted in at the end of each article or in the credits section of the main menu?
- Trying to re-work the encyclopedia into something that a PlayStation 3 can play
- Hiring game designers to make Wikipedia more "gamey" and less like school
- Getting it rated by the various rating boards (ESRB, PEGI, CERO, etc.)
- Trying to get the game into mainstream outlets (i.e., Wal-Mart, EB Games, Game Stop, Zellers, K-Mart)
- Possible costs associated with bandwidth for game updates, either with Sony, or directly on WMF's server bill, depending on what content providers get when putting material on PSN.
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal Talk:Wikipedia for PlayStation 3 on Blu-Ray.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!