A musical comedy about Wikipedia that educates people about the online encyclopedia while entertaining them at the same time
Wikipedia: The Musical would be an ideal presentation to show off the history of the free online encyclopedia but in a comedic (but inoffensive) way that Wikipedians and non-Wikipedians can laugh about. It would consists of seven very logical heroes, some super silly villains, and a futuristic cyberpunk setting.
There hasn't been a musical about Wikipedia yet and I figure it would be a way to advertise the encyclopedia without making it look like an advertisment?
- Do we start in Broadway or Toronto?
- Where are we going to get the actors? Composer? Lyricist? Book writer?
- What kind of roles can we make up for this Wikipedia musical?
- Jimbo Wales
- Do we give a free Wikipedia DVD-ROM to everyone that comes to the performance or the first 100 people?
- Do we make the musical only in English or in other languages as well?
Actors, musicians, stage rental, set(s), costumes, props, director, conductor, producer, advertising, copying the music/script, rehearsal space, technical equipment/lighting/sound, technical director/designers
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:Wikipedia the Musical.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!