Questions that need answers
Since the beginning of the strategic planning process, users of this wiki have been asked to identify questions related to Wikimedia's future direction and to treat it as a brainstorming question (no discussion, just questions). Over the past few months, users have built a Fact base to describe where Wikimedia is today, identified a set of Emerging strategic priorities related to achieving Wikimedia's vision "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge," and defined Task forces that will dive more deeply into making recommendations for how Wikimedia should grow in the future.
Now it's time for users here to move from brainstorming questions to providing input. Please read the questions below and discuss them on the talk pages. Discussions there will inform the work of the task forces and provide guidance as we, together, go about writing the strategic plan for the Wikimedia movement.
- Key Questions
- Questions that relate to expanding reach within large, well-connected populations
- Questions that relate to expanding reach within midsized and under connected populations
- Questions that relate to improving quality, content, and impact
- Questions that relate to strengthening the community
- Questions that relate to optimizing Wikimedia's operations
At this point in the process, we've collected questions and proposals: now it's time to discuss them and to see how they tie to a greater vision. Below are a few links that might be of interest.
Questions that need answers is a great place to start the discussion.
» Where should Wikimedia go? | Call for proposals
» What are the task forces? | How to participate
» What can I do to help on the wiki?