Would you propose that on the issues sub-pages, we link to particular proposals? Or how would the integration between the two sections work? It might help if I saw an example, so that I can think about how best to publicize this part of the process. -- Philippe 20:01, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- I see this as a question of merging proposals into a single page for discussion, for the most part. It will be a rare proposal that is so good it deserves consideration without extensive revision, comparison with similar proposals, and division/recombination of its component parts. Sj
Also, I think this might be a great way to categorize some of the "key questions" that have been submitted. So perhaps it makes sense to copy them into these broad groups, or to link to the diff of their submission, with a summary of the question, perhaps? Any other thoughts? -- Philippe 20:03, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
This is a useful page - a few ideas:
- include a few more of the issues from the community-facilitation project.
- include ideas from 'perennial proposals' sections of other Projects and languages.
- create a parallel page for Initiatives, and a third for partnerships and Collaborations.
- There is some overlap to work out, but for the most part issues are problems or opportunities, initiatives are about specific ideas or activities or groups that could contribute to a number of issues, and partnerships/collabs are about relationships which would touch on a number of initiatives and issues.
- develop a local team of facilitators, who are already much needed.
Sj 18:11, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- An example: Issues/MediaWiki Software would definately link with proposals like Proposal:MediaWiki language and project support, Proposal:Build WikiProject tools into MediaWiki. This could easily be done by adding Category:MediaWiki Software to link Proposals to issues/subpages. The Initiatives and Collaborations (like these?) that Sj mentioned could become Task forces. Some taskforces may already be formed in other spaces like Usability Initiative and wikiversity:MediaWiki Project. A lot of duplication of effort can be avoided through linkage to existing content rather than creating yet more content here than is needed. Just a thought. --CQ 16:12, 4 September 2009 (UTC)