Task Force Name:Enhance community health and culture task force
Report of Activities
During this week, we:
- General discussion about the organization of the task force work.
- Specific discussion about:
- methods to collect data for answers to questions.
- Using strategic planning proposals as a resource
- Doing exit interviews of departing editors.
- Began collecting favorite strategic planning proposals.
- WereSpielChequers created a preliminary proposal to survey former users
- New contacts
- Howie Fung: Interest in conducting exit survey Thread:Talk:Task force/Enhance community health and culture task force/Finding and interviewing ex-editors/Howief
Planned activities for next week
Please be specific and aggressive. It is okay to roll activities from week to week if necessary.
General task force activities
- Gather more data specific to editor dissatisfaction.
- Gather and review more favorite strategic planning proposals.
- Discuss the feasibility of doing editor interviews to capture data for this task force.
- Start gathering data on policy proliferation.
- Make a list of core research activities to be completed by the end of November.
Individual member planned activities
- I plan to read yet more proposals. Also figure out more data we need to collect to help us answer our key questions. --Bodnotbod 12:14, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
- I will keep looking at the differences and similarities between different wikia, and try and see whether I can establish some common common design patterns and identify antipatterns as I spot them. Moreover, I will endeavour to keep looking at ways in which we can improve user experience, particularly with reference to new user retention. Sjc 19:49, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
- This week is going to be busy for me IRL. But hopefully I can find time to gather some valuable data on user retention, or at least draw together some proposals into a "better" proposal by synthesizing some good ideas. I wish I knew what research activities were feasible, because I can't say I know how to do anything but interview a few people I know. Randomran 22:40, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
To complete our work, this task force needs the following resources or assistance:
- A way to identify former or inactive users (compared to active users), and administer a survey using a representative random sample.
- Some information about any major policy differences between the different language Wikipedias. This will let us compare how policies impact community health.
This week, this task force wishes to recognize for their assistance the following users:
- Thanks to Flonight and Phillipe for setting the wheels in motion.
Our notes or documentation can be found at:
Submitted by: FloNight