Task force/Local language projects/Weekly Report 03
Task Force Name:
Report of Activities
A new recommendation document has been drafted. It consists of three problems and possible strategies for solving these:
- Bandwidth issues in under-connected regions.
- Importance of content that are of interest to local users.
- Localization of MediWiki system messages.
- Simplifying the interface for translators.
Further most of the ideas discussed through the planing process has been summarized in a last section.
Planned activities for next week
It would be good if more information on character support for different languages and issues connected with right to left writing systems could be presented and strategies formed for dealing with these problems. Further some analysis on whether Wikipedias are to slow to load in many regions would be nice.
- Data on average internet connection speeds in different regions of the world.
- Problem description of problems related to right to left support and information on what it takes to solve these problems.
- Problem description of character set support and information on what it takes to solve this problem.
Siebrand and GerardM for having taken part in the discussions.
In the Local language projects sidebar.
Submitted by: Dafer45 13:22, 29 December 2009 (UTC)