Task force/Reader Conversion/Weekly Report 01
Task Force Name: Increase contributions from readers and under-represented groups
Report of Activities
During this week:
- We were invited to participate in the Task Force.
- Four members of the group linked to themselves on the Task Force Page
- Netmouse (Anne Murphy):
- Initiated some discussion on her Strategic planning User page and Livejournal to solicit comments from a mixed group of wikipedia editors and noneditors.
- Read several pages from the fact base, reviewed the Task Force Page and links from it
- Investigated more closely the current deletion policies and processes as described in the en.wikipedia.
- Noted that Wikipedia:Perennial_proposals points to history of past debates on topics we might end up proposing about
- Netmouse (Anne Murphy):
- Eugene and Philippe invited Anne to facilitate the task force.
- We started using the Discussion tab of our main page to discuss the first couple of questions from the Task Force page.
- We started to identify useful data to examine about these questions, including doing a cross-compare of the english wikipedia editing behavior pattern with developmental patterns for wikipedia in other languages.
- Thomas planned two unconferences (Nov 18th and 25th) to take place in São Paulo, Brazil on related topics; Philippe will attend on behalf of Wikimedia Strategy.
Planned activities for next week
- get all members of the task force listed on the task force page.
- try to engage more members of the task force with the first question, What is the goal of increasing participation?
- examine the question of how we will know if the task force succeeds.
- have all members of the group look at the Template for writing up strategic recommendations to structure thinking about our eventual output.
- start discussion of questions 3 & 4 from the mandate.
- continue to read the references linked to: expand reading list
- identify what resources or assistance we need to address the questions we are raising.
To complete our work, this task force needs the following resources or assistance:
- Anne has requested access (in database format) to data on page deletions in a way that lets them be cross-references to editor behavior and retention.
This week, this task force wishes to recognize for their assistance the following users:
Hey Task force members, feel free to add particular details about what you've been doing this week!
Our notes or documentation can be found at:
(We need to organize this yet)
Submitted by: Netmouse 22:40, 5 November 2009 (UTC)