also often on IRC, AIM, etc as brassratgirl
See w:en:user:Phoebe for bio, etc.
By day, I'm an academic reference librarian in a sciences library, where I am an action figure wanna-be.
Things I do around here:
- Editor on en:wp since August 2003
- Writer for the English Wikipedia Signpost
- Current maintainer of the List Summary Service for Foundation-l
- Organizer of the San Francisco Bay meetup group; current mailing list admin for that group
- Wikimania and events organizer (see "Conferences")
- I was a member of the now-defunct m:Special Projects Committee (beginning May 2006).
Researcher and educator
- I'm interested in and participate in Wikipedia and wiki research. I presented a short paper at Wikimania 2005; recently completed a literature review of ongoing research that will be presented at ASIST'06; and helped with a hugely successful research BoF at Wikimania '06.
- Finally, I give general presentations about wikis and Wikipedia to various groups, particularly librarians. An occasionally updated list may be found here. A handout I developed for librarians may be found. I am happy to share slides, notes, and thoughts on what works & what doesn't.
- I was the program co-coordinator for Wikimania 2006
- And helped with scholarships for m:Wikimania 2007, and program for m:Wikimania 2009
- I was on the bid selection committee for m:Wikimania 2007 and m:Wikimania 2008
- And was the Wikimania bid jury moderator for m:Wikimania 2009 and m:Wikimania 2010
- volunteer with both WikiSym (2007 & 2008) and Recent Changes Camp (2008)
- With Charles Matthews and Ben Yates, I am the author of the book How Wikipedia Works, published by No Starch Press in September 2008. Find out more at the publisher's website or find the (GFDL) text of the book at http://howwikipediaworks.com
Some things I care about:
- Community governance
- free content
- good references
A few pages of interest
- brainstorming on Foundation strategic goals
- List Syndication Service
- General page on Wikimania
- m:Events kit
|en-N||This user can read and write at a native level in English.|