I am Samuel Klein. I love strategy. I find Liquid Threads disconcerting, and while I've turned it on I wouldn't mind turning it off again...
so my stab at organizing old stuff didn't get very far. What would be the best way to organize & collate what's happened before in terms of proposals? And summarize for here, or whereever? -- Phoebe 05:13, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi Sj, Phoebe,
I also find this site a bit frustrating, and I'm a bit put off by encouraging people to create more and more proposals when there are already hundreds of them being ignored all over. My hope for this stategic planning process, if nothing else, is that a focused way of collecting ideas, proposals, analysis, discussions, concerns, questions, etc... can be implemented and become a functioning part of wiki culture. Personally, I think the process should be rethought for a wiki, rather than just implementing the schedule, structure and nomenclature of the consultants. And who better to do it than the three of us...? -- Sam 07:21, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- I definitely agree with the idea of rethinking the collection/analysis process for a wiki. What I'd like to see happen is closer to what we started working on with community facilitation... and if you can do something well with three people, you can do it better with more, some of whom are good at facilitation :) Sj 14:20, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'm having a discussion with Eugene about this on his talk page. Perhaps you'd like to join in...? -- Sam
Hi there! Thanks for your interest in talking "Strategic Planning" at Wikimania 2009! Let's plan to meet during lunch, Day 2. Look us Eugene or I there! -- Philippe 02:37, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Emerging Strategic Priorities
Hi SJ: Thanks so much for your edits on Emerging Strategic Priorities. I really like the changes you made - much more clarity (and less jargon). I also am very happy you are engaging and hope it spurs others. On a totally separate note, I have a colleague who is very involved with NGOs and libraries in Nicaragua. I told him about OLPC and a Wikipedia for children that is loaded on it. He was very interested in access to Wikipedia information and computers (libraries have computers, but no Internet connection). Would you be willing to talk to him? Thanks so much, Serita 20:41, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- It is just an example of how language could be simplified elsewhere. Feel free to give your colleague my email. Sj 06:27, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
Recent Changes Header
I'm very fond of the changes you made to the recent changes page. Thanks. -- Philippe 03:52, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
Hi Sj -
Yes, Stewards are welcome to admin here - but to save you the trouble of giving yourself the bit and such, I've given you sysop rights locally. :) -- Philippe 01:06, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you, Sj
- only wirtual jerseys ;) 22.214.171.124 06:24, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
re: task force confusion
help me make this great.
Also, you should make yourself liquid!
- I don't mind trying new things. but liquidity has its surface tension.