In other languages: English (en) svenska (sv) | Add translation 
|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference.|
|Although this page is historical, current information about the advocacy agendas can be found at Advocacy agendas.|
The Wikimedia community has a powerful voice that it could bring to bear on important issues, such as: censorship, net neutrality, copyright expansion, privacy, and the digital divide. To date, however, the Wikimedia Foundation, chapters, and volunteers have not engaged in any major advocacy efforts in a coordinated fashion. The goal of this task force is to develop recommendations for roles Wikimedia could play to ensure its strong voice is used to help influence unimpeded global access to free information online.
The task force should develop answers to these questions to help guide their work:
- What issues concern Wikimedia the most with respect to ensuring unimpeded global access to free information online? (e.g., net neutrality, censorship, copyright, privacy, digital divide)
- What position on these key issues should Wikimedia adopt? (e.g., Wikimedia is not supportive of censorship)
- Who holds similar views to the ones proposed? Who holds views that differ from the ones proposed? This might include non-profit organizations, corporations, and individuals with influential voices.
- Who is needed to support the proposed policy stances (e.g., Wikimedia Foundation, chapters, individual volunteers, external partners), and what do they need to do?
Data and Analysis
- Foundation structure and function (Broken link)