Status (see valid statuses)
The status of this proposal is:
Request for Discussion / Sign-Ups
Every proposal should be tied to one of the strategic priorities below.
Edit this page to help identify the priorities related to this proposal!
- Achieve continued growth in readership
- Focus on quality content
- Increase Participation
- Stabilize and improve the infrastructure
- Encourage Innovation
If not English, in what language is this proposal submitted?:
Collecting the results of closed sportevents from Wikipedia into a separated project.
- Let's start a new Wikimedia project for collecting the historical sportresults!
- A domain name would be required. Wikisport.org for example.
- WikiSportAlmanach should exist in multiple languages (like Wikimedia Commons)
- Many articles on many Wikipedias contains only results of sportevents without text, photos and sources. The most article of former olympic events tells nothing about the competition, nothing about the participants. This is not the encyclopedical form of informating.
- I think the results of closed ice hockey championships, old olympics games is not encyclopedic data, but data of intresting.
- Conflict is possible with the data collecting organisations, like RSSSF
- License problems: is a sportresult public domain, (C), or can be published under cc-by-sa-3.0?
- Low bandwidth costs
- Cost of a new domain
Do you have a thought about this proposal? A suggestion? Discuss this proposal by going to Proposal talk:WikiSportAlmanach.
Want to work on this proposal?
- .. Sign your name here!