Task force/Community Health/Weekly Report 05
Task Force Name:Community Health
Report of Activities
During this week, we:
Group meeting on Thursday, Dec 3 in #wikimedia-strategy channel.
(See the chat log for the full discussion and the complete list of the people participating.)
Present: Task force members; FloNight, Randomran, and Sjc. Philippe (Facilitator for the Foundation's Strategic Planning process.)
- A. Discussion about reworked data analysis of Ortega study;
- B. 7 possible recommendations identified ((1) rewards, (2) social networking and other features, (3) improved usability, (4) improved governance, (5) improved dispute resolution and decision making (6) policy (7) help and tutorials);
- C. Editor burn out causes discussed;
- D. Systemic bias raised as community health issues.
I feel I've lost my mojo this week. I haven't achieved much. Inspired by Randomran I created tutorials, but aside from that I haven't contributed much. I'm in need of some guidance, I think. So anyone that can offer me a task to do is welcome to hit me up for the work. --Bodnotbod 10:01, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
- Reviewed responses to the Question of the Week that directly relates to the Community health mandated recommendations, and looked at preliminary ideas proposed by other strategic planning task forces.
- More review of articles for facts to support recommendations.
- Following village pump discussions about strategic planning on Foundation wikis.
- Continue to update list of current ways that editors are recognized/rewarded on different wikis
- Things have been busy. I participated in the IRC log. I also noticed the quality task force became more interested in community health, so I chimed in. Things are gonna keep being busy for a while, but I'm hoping to take one last kick at the research on Wikipedia. Maybe focus more research on recommendations later. Randomran 20:33, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
- Although I don't consider myself a regular member, I made two recommendations this week:
- Art Unbound 22:51, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
Planned activities for next week
Please be specific and aggressive. It is okay to roll activities from week to week if necessary.
- Group meeting in #wikimedia-strategy channel on December 10th at 22:00 UTC.
- Agenda items 1) Ideas for 4 (four) recommendation that can be supported by facts. 2) Ideas about the best way for the task force to decide on which recommendations to use. (For example, should our recommendations fill a needed gap left by other task forces. Or should our recommendations reaffirm the work of other task forces and duplicate them.) 3) Time frame for completing the work. 4) Ideas about ways to keep our group motivated and on task to get the work done.
To complete our work, this task force needs the following resources or assistance:
This week, this task force wishes to recognize for their assistance the following users:
Our notes or documentation can be found at: