What do we agree on?
OK, I've read all the recommendations. I've basically given them a score out of 10. This is, of course, purely my subjective take on it but I felt it was the best way for me to gather my thoughts and people can agree or disagree with my list or might be inspired to do their own list which will itself show up points of agreement.
The listed items are given by Task Force name first; recommendations often didn't have a snappy title to list them by so I have then given them a "name" which would probably be adequate to identify it to anyone who has read it. I've tried to link to the recommendations but note that some links go to a page with multiple recommendations, so be sure to locate the correct one if you're using this list as any sort of guide.
I didn't award any tens, nothing struck me as perfect :o)
Nine and eight points
These are ones that I most feel the WMF should follow up on and I feel most enthusiastic about:
- China ~ Their only recommendation, I realise Sue has already stated this won't be a priority but it still has a TF recommendation and I therefore reserve the right to express an opinion :o)
- Community Health: "Volunteer Recognition"
- Community Health: "Social Features"
- Community Health: "Tools for Community Health (WYSIWYG etc)"
- Advocacy: "Net neutrality"
- Advocacy: "Copyright/Public Domain"
- Offline: "Schools"
- Offline: "Article Selection"
- Local Languages: "Stimulate Local Content"
- Local Languages: "Minimise Bandwidth"
- Local Languages: "Outreach"
Seven and six points
These are ones that I feel positive about and would like to see actively taken up if resources allow.
- Movement Roles: "Promoting Real Life Events"
- Movement Roles: "Regional Working Groups"
- Movement Roles: "Volunteer Council"
- Community Health: "Improve consensus-building"
- Community Health: "Senior Editors"
- Financial Stability: "Increase Spending on Fundraising (Growth)"
- Financial Stability: "Endowment (Longer Term Stability)"
- Offline: "More mobile access"
These are ones I feel rather neutral about (I don't dislike them but I'm not particularly inspired by them either).
- Quality: "Core Values"
- Movement Roles: "Invest in Chapters"
- Movement Roles: "Chapters Network"
- Financial Stability: "Status Quo"