Welkom! Wij waarderen uw interesse om deel te nemen aan dit initiatief. De beste plek om te starten is door onze Community Guidelines te lezen. Daarna kunt u de links op de hoofdpagina bekijken en kijken welke onderwerpen u interesseren. Als u vragen heeft kunt u deze achterlaten in onze "kroeg", of laat een bericht achter op mijn overlegpagina. Hartelijk welkom!Dedalus 19:44, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. I tried to be helpful by leaving a message at the Strategy talk. Thanks, - Art Unbound 20:13, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
Art Unbound, je slaat de spijker op zijn kop, dat is precies wat ik bedoelde. Dedalus 19:15, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
- Dan gaan we nu kijken of de boodschap overkomt. Zo niet, dan kunnen we de boel nog wat preciseren, toch? - Art Unbound 19:37, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
Proposals and Background information
Please see my talk here: http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Participation/Attracting_new_participants#Move_to_proposals
- Mike, looks right to me, so thank you. :) - Art Unbound 17:54, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
Your questions to me
Hi Art: I have answered your questions on my talk page, inline. Thank you! -- Philippe 23:05, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you Philippe, I have directed interested users to your item there. Anyone should be informed now. :) - Art Unbound 23:34, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
|It's time to answer some questions! Would you check out the list of questions that were submitted by the community and others and try to answer some? -- Philippe 01:20, 22 October 2009 (UTC)|
The content that you put at Talk:Task force/Recommendations/Community health was really good. In order to make sure that it got the broadest possible audience, I BOLDly moved it to the page Talk:Task force/Community Health. I hope that's okay. If not, please feel free to revert me, I won't be offended. -- Philippe 02:42, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
Hi Art Unbound :-) Thanks you for adding your ideas to the discussion about recommendations related to Community health. Feel free to join the discussion on the Community health task force talk page. Looking forward to hearing more of your ideas. FloNight♥♥♥ 04:52, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
- Glad to see you join us.
- Reminder about the Community health meeting today (Thursday, Dec. 10 2009) at 2200 UTC in #wikimedia-strategy freenode IRC channel at 22:00 UTC. FloNight♥♥♥ 12:47, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
Hi, some reversions but help with what to do
I've reverted your edits at: Task_force/Recommendations/Community_health_1. I set up that page to fix solely on the idea that volunteers should be rewarded somehow. Your additions went onto another context entirely. I see how that happened, I think you were a little confused about what the page is for... but basically that page is for one recommendation only; it's not to put all our recommendations on. If you want to give it another shot I'd advise using Task_force/Recommendations/Community_health_2, however, even then I would say you're edits are too broad to be a recommendation... we're supposed to recommend something concrete and actionable. You seem to be saying "we need a vision". I would argue that we already have a vision: "to bring the sum of human knowledge to everyone in their own language" as Jimmy Wales said.
Rather than set up a recommendation page you might want to create an article in the normal namespace like I have done in the past with editor awards and rewards, social features and tutorials; those three pages both take the submitted proposals we have and draw them together to aim towards ideas that may be promoted to recommendations --Bodnotbod 15:37, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks Botnodbot. I'm not too surprised by what you're doing, and so long as you're not destroying my efforts I don't care. But you did. I had not noticed that your page was for one recommendation only, namely yours. I will however withdraw from this board completely, as I can't see how one could bring upon an idea without being invalidated for just thinking hard. I am gone. Please don't try to push me back as I don't think it worth it and as I am not willing to feel the pain of being pestered like this again. Thank you for your efforts. - Art Unbound 21:59, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- Art Unbound, you misunderstand... we are to set up one page per recommendation. The page you edited was to fix on one subject. But, as I say, you have every right to place whatever material you want on any other recommendations page. Think of it this way; if I set up the article "Elephant" on Wikipedia and you add to the end of the article your own article on "Microprocessors" that's not going to work, is it? And that's where you went wrong here. Please don't leave Strategy on the basis of a simple misunderstanding of format. It's merely about organising the recommendations on discrete pages, not trying to "censor" or fight with you. --Bodnotbod 12:44, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
- I'm so sorry Bodnotbod, I'm afraid I completely misunderstood as far as this site's working technically. I'm afraid that went wrong before. Please think of me as a kind of digibete, as all I know about it is about ten years old. Well, I'm trying to work it out. - Art Unbound 01:23, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
- No problem. There's a great many pages on this wiki now and there's lots of different types of page too, so it's hard to keep up and keep things organised in a meaningful way. I feel rather lost myself sometimes. Nevertheless I could have handled it better; I shouldn't have reverted your edits, I should have moved them to thier own page straight away. Anyhow, glad you're back on the project. --Bodnotbod 14:02, 13 December 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you. I feel quite relieved. Well, shake hands, don't think about it. - Art Unbound 23:29, 13 December 2009 (UTC)
- Now, finally, I understand where the misunderstanding came from. It was so queer that I couldn't believe what I had been doing the next day. What I did was: I went to Task force/Recommendations/Community health. Now, there you find a pre-sampled template. It goes: Assertion <insert here>, and it goes from there: Sub-assertion, Fact/ Fact/ Fact.
- Well, as the first Assertion had been filled, I went to the next Assertion and I filled all of those steps. Thinking that by doing that, I was filling in a next template with a next proposal and putting in all that I could think of; sub-assertions, facts and all.
- When you woke up, you thought that I was completing your elephant article with a mouse thumping on the same bridge.
- It's quite hilarious if you think of it, but that was all. - Art Unbound 00:04, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
- These things happen; this wiki is new to us all and we're mostly making it up as we go along so we're bound to hit a few road bumps on the way. --Bodnotbod 12:43, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
Hi Art Unbound, please reconsider ending your involvement with the Community health task force. This looks to be largely a communication problems and I think we can get it sorted out if you can give it another try. If not now, but you want to return later, then I welcome hearing your ideas. Take care, FloNight♥♥♥ 18:00, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, Art Unbound I've found your opinions to very insightful. Bodnotbod is a good guy too, and it's just tough to handle some of the confusion on this process. Please excuse us as we try to sort things out :) We need more smart people. Randomran 22:06, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for the confusion. Yes, I don't quite understand all of the ways of communication around here. And yes, I trust Bodnotbod as an extremely good guy with bright understanding. As I trust all of you, actually. Maybe I should feel a little bit more confident about what I'm doing up here. Fact is that I'm working both towards the Dutch community and the strategy site. - Art Unbound 00:26, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
Stay around here
Even if we haven't any interaction per se, i really think we need as many willing person, voices, opinions as possible. Somehow "Strategic planning" is not exempted of the issues we are trying to solve. Let's not be overcome by them. The quality of the final proposals is liked to the numbers of participants. So stay around here and make your ideas know. Thanks --KrebMarkt 19:58, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you Krebmarkt, I'll stay around. What I have to learn is that the pressure around this project is not mine, we all share it. I'm learning most by the support of you all, so thank you. We'll take it step by step I guess. Thank you again. - Art Unbound 00:32, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
preliminary recommendation discussion
Sending out a mass message to check in at: Task force/Community Health/Recommendation evaluation
We don't need to pin down our recommendations until mid-January. But we've had a lot of discussions about possible recommendations to focus on. Our hope is to narrow down the larger list to some recommendations that we feel have the most potential.
Check in at the discussion page over there. Randomran 01:03, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- Take a look at the Community Health task force's discussion about narrowing our list of Recommendations. We are whittling down the list in order to have something concrete by January 12, 2010.
- And add your recent activities and planned activities to the Community Health Week 07 Report.
- Let me know how that I can better help you with your work on the Strategic Planning wiki.