May 2011 Update/jv
Nami kula Ting Chen, Ketua Dhéwan Kaprecayan Wikimedia Foundation.
Kalih wulan kapengker, Wikimedia Foundation sampun macak asil studi trèn panyunting énggal (panjenengan saged maos asilipun wonten ing ngriki), ingkang nedahaken manawi sawetawis taun kapengker tansaya karaos sesah kanggé nyunting proyèk-proyèk Wikimedia. Wulan kapengker Dhéwan sampun ngawontenaken dhiskusi ngéngingi bab punika, lan sadaya sampun sarujuk kanggé nyuwun pambiyantu panjenengan sami supados gabung mbiyantu proyèk-proyèk Wikimedia supados dados langkung kabikak lan kolaboratif.
Mangga dipunwaos resolusinipun, lan Kula nyuwun panjenengan ugi maringi komentar lan urun pirembagan.
Wilujeng, lan matur sembah nuwun sampun kersa ndhèrèk nyengkuyung ing proyèk-proyèk Wikimedia.
- Ting Chen
- Chairman of the Wikimedia Board of Trustees
Kita, Dhéwan Wikimedia Foundation, percanten manawi kaséhatan komunitas proyèk-proyèk kita wigatos sanget kanggé nggayuh misi kita sedaya. Proyèk-proyèk Wikimedia dipunbangun kanthi budaya katinarbukan, partisipasi, lan kualitas ingkang sampun mujudaken salah satunggaling gudhang èlmu ing donya ingkang pinunjul. Ananging amargi pamaos lan panyengkuyung Wikimedia tansaya kathah ing saindhenging donya, studi énggal ngéngingi trèn panyuntingan nedahaken mandhapipun gunggung partisipasi lan tuwuhipun panyunting énggal.
As laid out in our five-year Strategic Plan, and emphasized by these findings, Wikimedia needs to attract and retain more new and diverse editors, and to retain our experienced editors. A stable editing community is critical to the long-term sustainability and quality of both our current Projects and our movement.
We consider meeting this challenge our top priority. We ask all contributors to think about these issues in your daily work on the Projects. We support the Executive Director in making this the top staff priority, and recommend she increase the allocation of Foundation resources towards addressing this problem, through community outreach, amplification of community efforts, and technical improvements. And we support the developers, editors, wikiprojects and Chapters that are working to make the projects more accessible, welcoming, and supportive.
The Board resolves to help move these efforts forward, and invites specific requests for Foundation assistance to do so. We welécome and encourage new ideas to help reach our goals of openness and broader participation.
We urge the Wikimedia community to promote openness and collaboration, by:
- Treating new editors with patience, kindness, and respect; being aware of the challenges facing new editors, and reaching out to them; and encouraging others to do the same;
- Improving communication on the projects; simplifying policy and instructions; and working with colleagues to improve and make friendlier policies and practices regarding templates, warnings, and deletion;
- Supporting the development and rollout of features and tools that improve usability and accessibility;
- Increasing community awareness of these issues and supporting outreach efforts of individuals, groups and Chapters;
- Working with colleagues to reduce contention and promote a friendlier, more collaborative culture, including more thanking and affirmation; and encouraging best practices and community leaders; and
- Working with colleagues to develop practices to discourage disruptive and hostile behavior, and repel trolls and stalkers.